Join us for an evening of Animas River celebration and fun! The Animas River Allies will be hosting a Kickoff Party from 6 – 8 pm on Apr 6, 2023, at 4Corners Riversports. There will be free drinks (beer included) and snacks! See below for information about this event.
- This event has passed.
Animas River Allies Kickoff Party
April 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Who are the Animas River Allies?
The Animas River Allies is a volunteer group organized by the Animas Riverkeeper with San Juan Citizens Alliance, and a group of dedicated Animas River lovers. This group advocates for expanding river access opportunities, while continuing to celebrate the infrastructure that exists along the Animas River. This group also aims to build a network of Animas River recreationists by working to connect Animas River lovers from the headwaters near Silverton, to its confluence below Farmington. We are seeking to expand our volunteer group and include more people who would like to be at the forefront of improving and protecting recreation opportunities along the Animas River. Everyone is welcome to participate, whether you are a paddler, fisher, river trail user, or someone who likes to watch water move quickly downstream!
Don’t Miss This Opportunity to Get Involved
Before the party gets started, Sara Burch with San Juan Citizens Alliance will host a brief presentation outlining the history and success stories from the Animas River Allies volunteer group. Upcoming volunteer opportunities, events, and other ways to get involved will be included in this presentation!
What happens when something goes wrong on the river. It usually results in swimmers plus a yard sale of boat, paddle, and assorted gear like water bottles and sponges floating downstream. – Dreamflows Glossary
There are three types of paddlers in this world when it comes to carnage: Those who have, those who will, and those who will again! We’d like to celebrate the latter group before the spring paddling season is upon us. Join us to decide who will earn the coveted crown of the Wipe-Out Master of the Animas River. That’s right, we’re hosting a Carnage Party! Besides winning bragging rights, the person voted as the Sloppy Line Lord will win the “T-Grip of Gnar” trophy. The winner will be chosen by the group – whoever gets the loudest response to their carnage, wins! Entrants will submit pictures or 10-second video clips of their BEST carnage on the Animas River. Here are the rules for participating:
- Do not submit any content depicting severe injuries or someone in severe distress.
- Entries must depict mishaps along the Animas River. Any entry submitted from another river will not be accepted. If there are any doubts, we will reach out to you and ask for the location of the carnage!
- All crafts accepted! That includes SUPs, canoes, kayaks, rafts, IKs, river surfboards, and tubes are all eligible.
- Content submitted should only depict you and your friends/family, so long as they know this content is being submitted. Please do not send in content showing a random stranger wrapped or pinned on the Main Street Bridge!
- All entries must be submitted by Apr 1, 2023, to Google Drive here or by emailing your image/video clip to email@example.com.