What happens at Tri-State determines the future of clean and local energy in our communities.
Join us for a STATE OF TRI-STATE Special Briefing for a deep dive on what’s happening at rural Colorado’s biggest power supplier – and how you can make a difference.
Register now for this special webinar briefing on Wednesday, 9/23 @ 6PM
The supplier to our rural electric co-ops, called Tri-State, has long been one of the dirtiest and most costly power suppliers in the country – bleeding tens of millions of dollars in excess costs from our communities to subsidize its coal-heavy portfolio. Tri-State’s behavior has often been the biggest barrier to a clean and local energy future in rural Colorado.
Thanks to big victories won by people across Western states in the past year, that’s changing.
Our electricity system is complicated, and Tri-State is no exception. Join us for a deep dive on all you need to know to be a trusted and confident communicator in your community on:
- Tri-State’s current energy portfolio and fiscal situation
- Movement priorities for Tri-State reform
- 2019 internal reforms and historic state legislation won by this movement
- Coal community economic transition in Nucla and Craig, where mines and power stations are closed or closing
- How and why local co-ops have exited or seek to exit the Tri-State system
- The federal and state regulatory battles underway now